I focus on digestion because I do believe that good digestion leads to a healthy life. But in order to have good digestion, you must be detoxing properly. Good digestion decreases inflammation and less inflammation prevents disease. Hippocrates said it best, “All disease begins in the gut.”
In much the same way you need a holiday from work, your body needs a break from time to time, especially when you are feeling tired, sick, heavy or just plain run down.
Detoxification is a normal process within the body as it neutralizes and eliminates toxins
through the major organs such as our colon, liver, kidneys, lungs, lymph and skin. Our bodies do it naturally every day, in fact it is one of our most basic automatic functions. But what if our self-cleaning system is overloaded and our body cannot perform its job?
Detox is necessary to be healthy, happy, and free of disease. We all have some low level inflammation because, again, we breathe but, even more, so we are under a lot of stress in this world.
By detoxing, YOU will improve digestion and therefore free your body of inflammation and toxins.
The foundation of a good detox is NOT to ever feel deprived or starved. The goal should be to help YOU learn how to EAT CLEAN and what foods are IRRITATING your body.
Eating clean is a way of life, not a diet.
We begin to eat whole foods that promote detox in a safe and natural way. No, you do not have to only drink juices, or soups, or smoothies, or go on a grapefruit-eating-only diet; instead, you need to eat foods that are not irritating your digestive system and clogging it up.
Is this making sense?
Here are my tips for staying healthy & detoxing naturally:
1. Upon waking, drink warm or room water with lemon and 1 tsp raw apple cider vinegar (if tolerated) and add a dash of cinnamon or cayenne.
2. Start your day by being positive. Find a daily affirmation that gets you fired up.
3. Try getting quiet without yourself, even just for one minute, and say, “I release what does not serve me.” Hold your heart as you say this out loud and scream it if you want. Own that power.
4. Drink fresh, green juices or make your own green juice with 1 tbsp chlorophyll and lemon and lime and water.
5. Aim for one meal that is super easy on your digestion per day. Try a smoothie, green juice, or soup to give that digestion a rest.
6. Get moving & shaking. Yes, exercise is one of the best ways to detox your body.
7. Drink plenty of water & add lemon, lime, or grapefruit to flush the toxicity.
8. Skin brushing is my favorite way to support the liver and get rid of those toxins
9. Tongue Brushing.
10. BE Happy & grateful for life.
P.S. Don’t forget to grab my Free eBOOK and check out 28 Days To Healthy Digestion And A New You Program