When I was growing up my mother would give us first thing in the morning a glass of warm lemon water. She would say ” it helps you to keep your stomach clean” once again she was right.
Warm lemon water serves as the perfect good morning drink, as it aids the digestive system and makes the process of eliminating the waste products from the body easier. It prevents the problem of constipation and diarrhea from taking place, by ensuring smooth bowel functions. Lemon water flushes out body toxins and thus is extremely beneficial for the body.
Medicinal Values (Via Jethro Kloss book author “Back to Eden”)
- Lemon is a vitamin C rich citrus fruit popular for its therapeutic properties, helps promote your immune system, thus protects from most types of infections
- It plays the role of blood purifier
- It is effective at dissolving uric acid (often the cause of pain and inflammation in joints) and other poisons in the body
- It can help reduce symptoms of rheumatism, gout, rickets and tuberculosis
- Excellent stimulant to the liver
- Liquefies the bile and helps control excess bile flow. For liver complaints, Kloss recommends drinking warm lemon juice one hour before breakfast
One of the most important benefits of drinking lemon water regularly is its effect on the gastrointestinal tract. Lemon water assists in the process of digestion and elimination. Lemon juice is similar in atomic structure to saliva, hydrochloric acid, bile and the stomach’s other digestive juices.
The digestive qualities of lemon juice help to relieve symptoms of indigestion, such as heartburn, belching and bloating. For the relief of heartburn, Kloss recommends taking a teaspoon of lemon juice in half o glass of water. (Via Jethro Kloss book author “Back to Eden”)
Another twist you can add to your warm lemon water is fresh ginger. Ginger is known to have some powerful properties: Colon cancer prevention, morning sickness, motion sickness remedy, reduces pain and inflammation, heartburn relief, cold and flu prevention and treatment, migraine relief, menstrual cramp relief, prevention of diabetic nephropathy. (Via Health Diaries)
Make it a part of your daily routine to drink a glass of warm lemon water in the morning and enjoy its health benefits. Cheers!